Press and media
Information for journalists and broadcasters
This page provides background information for media people. The contact details here are for media people only please. Customers are asked to phone our regular phone numbers, use the contact us form or email us via email@example.com
Background information - All Top Books
- Name: The business trading name is All Top Books.
- The official name of the business is Books and Beyond. The business address is 35 Vicarage Lane, Ilford, IG1 4AG.
- Public contact: You can call us on 020 8798 9218. Enquiries and orders can be taken on this number.
- Website: The current website is www.alltopbooks.comwhich is the successor to www.alltopbooks.co.uk
- Owner: The owner of the business is Dilip Sinha, at 35 Vicarage Lane. Dilip was born in 1967 in Bombay, India and moved to the UK in 1971. He lived in Rainhill, Merseyside from 1972-86 and after that in London except for a spell in Kettering, Northants from 1989-1997. Photos of Dilip are available for download from this page and from our PR consultants, near the bottom of the page.
- History: Books and Beyond started operating in Oct 1996 in Kettering as a “bedroom based” bookshop. It was not full time, and indeed remains Dilip second job. His “day job” is working on change management for Otis UK.
- Books and Beyond.net was created in Oct 2002, when the business went online. That site was discontinued in favour of www.alltopbooks.co.uk in August 2003, which subsequently became alltopbooks.com.
- Media contact number: Contact for further information: (media people only, please): 07817 225745. Please feel free to send an SMS message or leave a voicemail if you don’t get an instant reply. Media people are also invited to use their own special email address
- Company aims: Books and Beyond operates as an Internet bookshop serving the general public. We aim to regularly offer prices that are lower than those of Amazon and similar online retailers, after their first class postage charges are taken into account. All prices on our own website already include UK postage. We are delighted to have built up a loyal base of repeat customers and aim to continue to do so.
- We offer around 5000 books (August 2017) from a wide range of categories for sale. Books at the warehouse are sent our first class or next day courier. We try to arrange dispatch next working day, so they arrive within 48 hours. We will order books not at the warehouse – these usually take 5-10 working days to arrive.
- Bulk supplies: We currently supply several bulk customers in the education sector, and have been delighted to be selected by event management companies several times to provide suitable books for training events. We are always happy to suggest suitable material.
- Main sales areas:The majority of our sales are of law books, medical books, education books and other books for professionals. This shows our philosophy of offering good value on professional books successfully allows us to compete in the online marketplace.
Book sourcing: We are happy to try and source any book in print in the UK and can normally provide a quote within 24 hours.
- Safebuy: We participate in the Safebuy Internet traders’ code of practice. Please see right of website home page. We have been members of this since 2006.
Press releases and cuttings: Our press release about the South East can be seen here . It was picked up by, among others, the South East England Development Agency (a UK Government body).
We also did a press release about the importance of reading to children, which was picked up by, amongst others, The Guardian newspaper and The Baby website
Thank you for your interest in All Top Books!